Twitter has been one of the most popular microblogging websites. Still, most users are not well aware of the various features offered by this platform.
It is relatively easy to download images and text from Twitter. However, downloading videos from Twitter can be slightly tricky.
So if you are wondering how to download Twitter videos and share them elsewhere? The tips mentioned in this article will help you out…
- 1 How to download Twitter videos on an Android device?
- 2 How to download Twitter videos on iPhone?
- 3 How to save Twitter videos on PC?
- 4 How to download Twitter GIFs?
- 5 Summary
- 6 FAQs
How to download Twitter videos on an Android device?
Compared to other operating systems, it is easier to download Twitter videos on an Android device.
One of the apps you can use to download videos from Twitter is the ‘Download Twitter Videos‘ app.
Follow the below steps to download the videos:
- Install the app on your phone
- Launch Twitter and open the video you want to download
- Tap on Share and pick the Download Twitter option
- Select which version of the video you want to download
How to download Twitter videos on iPhone?
Downloading Twitter videos on an iPhone can be slightly complicated when compared to Android.
iOS is a secure operating system and comes with several restrictions. One of the best apps that can help you to download Twitter videos is ‘Documents by Redaddle‘. The steps are almost the same as in the Android ecosystem:
- Launch Twitter and open the video that you want to download.
- Tap on the option to share the video.
- Choose the option Share Tweet via and then tap on the Copy link.
- Launch the app Documents by Redaddle.
- Tap on the Compass icon at the bottom right corner (it will launch the browser from within the app).
- Launch the site Twitter Video Downloader on the browser.
- Paste the URL you just copied.
- Pick the quality for the video you want to download.
- Finally, download the video.
The process is time-consuming when compared to the other platforms. A less hassle option in these circumstances is downloading the video on an Android phone and then transfer the video to your iPhone (via Bluetooth or any social media sharing app like WhatsApp).
How to save Twitter videos on PC?
Downloading Twitter videos on PC is extremely easy. You can download the video from within the interface by following the below steps:
- Launch Twitter and login if you haven’t already.
- Look for the video you want to download. You can search for it through the username of the Twitter user if you know it.
- Play the video.
- As the video is playing, right-click on it.
- The video playback will then pause.
- You will have access to a one-step menu Copy Video Address.
- Click on it to copy the video address.
- Go to Online Video Downloader.
- Paste the link to download the video.
- Select your desired video quality from the listed options.
- Click on Download.
That does it. You have successfully downloaded the video from Twitter.
How to download Twitter GIFs?
The steps involved in downloading Twitter GIFs are the same as downloading Twitter videos. You can even use a specific app for downloading GIFs and other graphical content according to your device
SaveTweetVid is one of the excellent websites for downloading GIFs from Twitter. It is one of the best online video downloaders for downloading audio files, GIFs, and video files from Twitter.
The tool is also super easy to use. Here are the steps you can follow to download your GIF from Twitter:
- Open Twitter and locate the GIF you want to download.
- Copy the URL link of the video.
- Visit SaveTweetVid.
- Paste the URL link for the tweet.
- You will get a list of all possible video download options.
- Click on Download according to the video quality.
You can use the SaveTweetVid website to download practically any content in the video format from Twitter.
As long as you have the right tools with you, it is quite easy to download videos from Twitter. Whether you are on PC, phone, or tablet, there’s an app or tool available that will help you to download Twitter videos.
The best part of the tools mentioned here is that they can even be used with other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
How to download Twitter live video?
You can download Twitter live videos or Twitter Live streams using dedicated tools that support the downloading of M3U8 files. One tool that you can use for this is Locoloader. With Locoloader, you can easily download videos, live streams, and photos from Twitter.
Can you download your own Twitter videos?
Yes, you can download your own Twitter videos. The process is the same as with other videos and GIFs that you would download from Twitter.
How to download Twitter videos without an app?
There is a bot created by Danidee (known as @DownloaderBot), that lets you download the video without the use of any app. Whenever you come across a video that you want to download, you need to reply to the tweet mentioning the bot, with the keyword download. For instance, you will reply to the tool with a comment such as @downloaderBot download. The bot will send you a DM with the video download link in MP4 format. Do note that you will need to follow the bot for the DM to work.